Wednesday, October 17, 2007

RoU Custom Content Battles

Well, now that MotB is here and working smoothly, I've turned my attention to getting all the placeables and VFXs together into a RoU collection that I can distribute for area building.

Realms of Ultima is not just one module. It's designed to be many module prefabs that can be plugged together to make new story modules with an Ultima theme. To do this all a designer would need to do is download the RoU "Campaign Starter Pack" and associate their module with it, and they should then have access to all the RoU resources used in all other RoU modules out there.

Think of it as a CEP sort of thing, with an Ultima twist. Now, I'm not sure this is the best way, but since there isn't any documentation of how to best handle CC in NWN2, I'm making this up as I go along.

This was supposed to be simple, but there is some sort of issue with the Campaign folder. The custom placeables that I'm using are showing up in the toolset just fine, but they don't show in game. Very frustrating!

Perhaps I'll just go back to the old method of a HAK for each category, and forgo the Campaign folder until it's better understood.

No comments: