Saturday, October 6, 2007

New Magincia Sneek Peek

I've been pushing forward with New Magincia as one of the first prefabs for RoU. I don't know why I always seem to start with NM, but it just seems to be a simple town without a lot of flash to muddle things up, plus there's just something about islands.

RoU's storyline actually has New Magincia occupied by the remnants of the Gargoyle race after the collapse of their city of Ambrosia. I intend to release to versions of the prefab, one with fully populated and ready to explore and the other with just the town and no inhabitants. That way people interested in non-ultima modules can get some use from the prefab.

I've uploaded a bunch of sneek peek screenies to the gallery for your enjoyment. Currently there are 4 isles in the NM chain and I'm working on #3, so I don't expect it to be too much longer before I can make the first release.