Thursday, October 11, 2007

MotB Here & The Fun Begins

Well I got MotB yesterday and I'm initially impressed and annoyed at the same time. Once everything was running it was okay...until it crashed...three times. The install was fine, but the patching was a joke, since no one on the official forums seems to know exactly what they should do. The amount of conflicting information is staggering, and I'm not surprised NWN2's fan base is as small as it is and NWN's is still going strong.

Visually, MotB is impressive and seems to run more smoothly, but still odd at times. The camera seems to swing around a little erratically, but all in all it finally looks like a real game. How game companies can get this stuff so wrong in this day and age just mystifies me.

There are several new heads, and most of the faces have been redone and look better then they did, not a hard feat mind you, as anything they improved would make the faces look better then they did. By far, NWN2's original head selection was one of the worst I've seen in a game, coming in second only to Oblivion for sheer ugliness. Obsidian needs to hire some modelers with talent for the human form next time.

I've started playing the OC from the beginning with a Favored Soul and will give a full review when I'm done. What this does mean is I'm taking a break from the RoU building to actually get some play time in. We'll see how long I go, before I get bored. DnD games have traditionally been harder for me to get into then other games. I just don't like all the rules.

No comments: