It's been a couple weeks since and update, but things really haven't been sitting still. Here's the latest:
Work begins on the Realms of Ultima Gameplay System
Jason White has joined the team and started work on the RoUGS which will be a large revamp of the NWN2 magic, class and racial systems to bring them more in line with the Ultima universe. This isn't a small task and Jason is awesome for taking it on. Here's a brief summary of the changes to the classes:
Classes change to 8 core classes: Warrior, Paladin, Mage, Tinker, Druid, Ranger, Monk, and Bard. Each class would have a patron virtue and city.
Here's the breakdown:
- Warrior - Basically a merge of the Barbarian and the Fighter (one mean raging sword swinging maniac)
- Paladin - This is the Knight of the classes. Keeps all it's abilities, just no gods. (small fudge, but I can live with it. Patron Virtue is Valor.
- Mage - This is a merge of the wizard and sorcerer, using mana and reagents.
- Tinker - Basically the Rogue, but without the thief mythos. Tinkers picklocks, and know how to hide and disarm and use traps.
- Druid - Virtually unchanged except that they use mana and reagents, but access the druid spell line. No gods, just nature. This becomes the primary healer class. Perhaps move all the healer spells to the Druid line.
- Ranger - Unchanged, just use mana and reagents for ranger spells.
- Monk - Warrior of Humility, basically unchanged.
- Bard - Unchanged except uses mana and reagents for the bard spells.
RoU Custom Critters
I started to put together some custom critters for RoU prefabs and here's the result. I'll add more as time goes on, but these will be part of the RoU Starter Module available on the Vault.
Time to Make Wine!
A while ago TeLLan created a wine press model but it was not released in the proper format for NWN2. Thanks to Baron Rosencheckl from RWS we can now have our monks of Empath Abby making wine. Tavern owners rejoice!!